Friday, July 2, 2010

I never thought I would see the day...

I never thought I would see the day where I would be wearing a tank top and shorts out in public. I have started doing that as a way to deal with the heat.

Lately, I have had to deal with the heat a lot. I am out of the borrowed RV since the air con died and am using a room at a friend's house. It shouldn't be too much longer before my "turtle shell" (that's what i am calling my RV now) is done.

The heat can be intense but there are ways to make it bearable. One thing you MUST do is stay hydrated. I carry a bottle of water with me where ever I go. I found a nice aluminum bottle at St Vinny's and keep filling it over and over.

I have been looking at the prices for window tint for most of the windows on the "turtle shell". And, I have found rolls of the silver insulation stuff for the front windshield.

I don't really mind the heat too much. It's a dry heat with very little humidity and frequently feels like it is cooler than it is. The wind blows almost constantly, too.

Anyway, I look like just another resident of BHC in my shorts and tank top.

No comments:

Post a Comment