Friday, April 9, 2010

The decision has been made!

Today was spent on the road.  I headed into town to get groceries after I looked on Craigslist, looking for a RV to buy.  I had found two - one at a super low price and one at a low price.  I had emailed both and the one with the super low price called me while I was in the grocery store.  I went ahead and got the items I already had in my cart and took off to see the RV.  Nope, it wouldn't do at all.  It was in terrible shape (that's not what he told me on the phone) and just a little bit too small. 

I headed on home, intending to get groceries later when I was going to drop my granddaughter off at school.  When I got home, I had an email from the other RV.  It was in a town about 30 miles away, so I finished my lunch and took off.  The RV isn't in the best shape in the world, but it will be large enough (I will have to be super duper at organizing!) and I could afford it.  It is just minor things that have to be done.  I am going back on Monday to pay for it and drive it home.  I need to find a place to park it.

Now for the plan.   I do not make enough money at my part time job each month to pay rent and the utilities.  The rent on this apartment is way too high.  The plan is to find a RV Park and park the RV and live in it.  Just me and the cat.  Even with the RV space rent and the rent on a storage building to store some things I don't want to give up.  I know that some people will think I am nuts, but I am trying to simplify my life.  I just have way too much stuff!  Plus, my health is getting to where it is very difficult for me to do the clearing chores.  I think the RV will be easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment