Saturday, April 10, 2010

Ladies' Luncheon

We had our monthly Ladies' Luncheon at the church today.  Everybody was to bring finger foods, appetizers, or desserts.  We had plenty of food!  And, Aneta's mom brought a van load of veggies from Kingman for us to share.  Tomatoes, potatoes, squash, green beans, apples, bananas!  Her little van was packed full!  She and Aneta put all of the veggies out on a table just outside the kitchen door as as everyone came in, we told them to go fill up a bag (or two) with veggies!

We had a great luncheon.  Ruth gave a talk on Leah.  I had never thought about some of the things she told us about her.  We had lots of good fellowship and brought up in to pairs at the end to pray together.  My partner was one of the newer ladies to the group and I really enjoyed getting to know more about her.

So far, it's been a great day and I get to spend a few minutes with my beautiful granddaughter in just a few.  I am taking her to the school for her to get ready for her part in the musical that is being put on tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment