Saturday, April 24, 2010

Setbacks

After 2 of my friends took a good look at the RV yesterday, it was determined that it is going to take MAJOR work for it to be possibly livable.  I was lied to about the condition of the RV.  I should have taken one of my friends with me to look at it before I paid for it, but I didn't.  So, I got took.  But, I am trying to stay focused on God and keep remembering that He has a plan. 

Last Sunday we had a guest pastor as our pastor was serving the ladies at our annual Women's Retreat in Williams.  His sermon was on Walking by Faith, not by Sight.  He must have been talking to me!  On Thursday, my daily devotional by Streams in the Desert was about how God hates self sufficiency.  We are to totally depend on Him!  Today, the Streams in the Desert devotional was about When God Says No!  I am thinking that maybe God is telling me to BE STILL!

It is just difficult to be still when I "feel" so alone.  I am NOT alone.  First of all, there is God.  Second of all, I have a wonderful church family who love me.  I guess I have just felt so alone for so many years.  The funny thing is (not really funny) that I can trust complete strangers not to lie to me about the condition of a RV and I have trouble trusting those around me that love me and care about me.  It's like I don't want to bother anyone as I know that they really don't want to help - I am causing them an inconvenience.  I am finding out just how false that is - FINALLY.  It is like God is hitting me over the head saying - BE STILL!  LET OTHERS HELP YOU! 

God has been so good to take care of me through some really rough and dangerous times in my life.  Why in the world would I think He won't do that now?

No comments:

Post a Comment