Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Missing my Mom

I am dreading Mother's Day this year.  It's been 2 and a half years since Mom went home to Glory but sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday.  I have been really emotional lately.  Packing and moving always does that to me.  I am going through things - sorting what to keep and what to bless someone else with and sometimes the memories attached to an item almost overwhelm me. 

Actually, I am not only missing Mom, but am also missing my Grannie.  She passed on to Glory in January of 2000 but I still have some of her things that I haven't been able (up to now) to let go of.  Silly things like the receipt for the wringer washer that she bought in 1955.  I still remember that washer!  It was great fun to help Grannie with the laundry. 

I am trying to get all of the pictures in the same place.  My plan is to put them all in albums.  And, there are a few things that I just can't let go of.  But, I am going to simplify my life and letting go of the "stuff" is part of that.  My memories don't depend on things.

God blessed me very much with a sweet, Godly mother and grandmother.  Grannie wasn't always sweet, but I knew she loved me!  They are my heroes.  Strong women who relied on God to see them through whatever troubles came their way.  I am trying to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment