Monday, May 17, 2010

Why, yes I am just a little eccentric

I am well aware that there are some people that may think that I am losing my mind with my newest adventure. Who in their right mind would voluntarily move into a RV to live? That would be me (smile)!

I was explaining to a new friend at church what my plans are and she got a look of horror on her face. Several people have had that reaction.

Life is too short and hard to be unhappy. I am getting out of debt and am ready for a simplier life. For far too long I have had way too much "stuff". Some of it was just junk and some of it belonged to my sweet mother and beloved grannie. I thought I needed to keep their "stuff" so I could hold on to them. But, I realize that I have wonderful memories of them both as well as my step dad. Those memories are really all I need. Stuff is just stuff and I don't need it. I don't need a big, fancy house or lots of expensive things.

I have been well on my way to being a hoarder and I don't want to go there! So, I have been being ruthless and brutal in my sorting and packing. I am passing some of the stuff to my daughter and granddaughter. I am taking a lot of it to Goodwill. I am amazed at just how much junk that is worthless that I had been hanging onto. I feel at peace and am ready to step into the future.

Granted, there is some work that needs to be done on the RV before I can move in. There are some repairs to be made and some remodeling. It may not be done before I have to move out of my apartment on the 31st. But, again I am not stressing. A friend is going to let me stay at their house while he gets the RV ready for me.

I have always had trouble trusting that things would work out. God has continued to work on me to get through to me that I can trust Him and that He will see me through. Sometimes, I have learned, you have to be still and let God work. He doesn't need for me to muddle things up. He takes care of the birds of the fields, why not me?

Anyway, I have no problem with being thought weird or eccentric. It just means that I am unqiue.

No comments:

Post a Comment